AccessAnesthesiology® from McGraw-Hill Medical is an integrated online resource that leads the way with a new generation of anesthesiology reference tools, blending content with clinical context.
In AccessAnesthesiology, physicians, residents, and nurse anesthetists can access a compendium of renowned medical resources, including exclusive procedural videos, Custom Curriculum, and powerful search functionality, blended seamlessly with tables and charts designed for quick reference. Backed by an esteemed advisory board, AccessAnesthesiology offers multiple tools for resident education and certification/recertification in pain management, critical care, and perioperative medicine.
AccessAnesthesiology Advisory Board
Mark Dershwitz, MD, PhD
Professor of Anesthesiology and Biochemistry & Molecular Pharmacology, University of Massachusetts
David E. Longnecker, MD, FRCA
Robert D. Dripps Professor Emeritus of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Pennsylvania
Brian D. Sites, MD
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery, Dartmouth Medical School and Director of Regional and Orthopedic Anesthesia, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
With AccessAnesthesiology, program directors can build a custom curriculum:
- Create rotations online and schedule grand rounds, lectures or other offline activities
- Assign reference content, videos, and animations from AccessAnesthesiology
- Mandate board review, selecting the number of questions and the passing grade
- Track, report, and download resident usage by individual or rotation
- Link out to external web resources and primary references
If you are interested in activating the Custom Curriculum, please contact Marsha Gelber (email@example.com).
AccessAnesthesiology offers leading content from:
Textbooks: Longnecker’s Anesthesiology (including regular updates)
Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 12e
Principles and Practice of Mechanical Ventilation, 2e
LANGE Clinical Anesthesiology, 4e
Principles & Practice of Pain Medicine, 2e
Clinical Manual and Review of Transesophageal Echocardiography, 2e
Principles of Critical Care, 3e
Critical Care Ultrasonography
NYSORA Textbook of Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management
Syndromes: Rapid Recognition and Perioperative Implications
Cardiac Anesthesia & Transesophageal Echocardiography
Board Review: Anesthesiology: Examination & Board Review, 6e
Pain Medicine Review
Clinical Manual and Review of Transesophageal Echocardiography
Quick Answers: At Your Fingertips on AccessAnesthesiology
Procedures: Procedures in Critical Care
In addition to providing leading anesthesiology content, AccessAnesthesiology offers a range of special features designed to both assist resident education and support clinical practice:
- A library of multimedia that includes exclusive videos from Orlando Hung and Mike Murphy (authors of Management of the Difficult and Failed Airway), an ultrasound series, TEE videos, and drug animations from Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics.
- A robust library of must-know procedures, updated regularly
- Practice Guidelines featuring easy-to-use summary tables alongside full-text guidelines
- Integrated drug database including indications, dosages, contraindications, and drug classes, as well as patient education handouts in English and Spanish.
For more information and to save on the other McGraw-Hill products such as AccessMedicine®
, AccessEmergency MedicineTM
, and USMLE Easy
, please contact us
Additional Information for Librarians
AccessAnesthesiology offers retrievable institutional user statistics and MARC 21 records. AccessAnesthesiology also offers flexible access for both in-network and remote users via IP authentication, Athens authentication, referral URL, and/or user name and password.
Subscribe today! Great value and affordable subscription rates!
Institutions: Please contact your sales representative for pricing and more information
Individuals: See pricing and subscribe
Trademarks: McGraw-Hill, the McGraw-Hill Publishing logo, AccessAnesthesiology, and related trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of The McGraw-Hill Companies and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries, and may not be used without written permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The McGraw-Hill Companies is not associated with any product of vendor mentioned in AccessAnesthesiology.